On 25/03/11 14:36, Douglas Mortensen wrote:
Now that we've hashed out some thoughts on the most stable version of asterisk, I'd like
to ask the question as to why I should NOT use 1.8? What are specific reasons? For
instance a few days back I was speaking with James at Rhino Equipment. He said that he
has "no real data" on why I shouldn't use 1.8. They just follow a practice of
not jumping on the newest version.

I agree with what Jonathan also said in this thread but that is also a good enough reason on it's own. Data doesn't yet exist to say whether it's stable enough. I like to err on the side of caution with phone systems as they cost lots of money when they go wrong!