A normal Originate over the AMI will block all other actions until it
completes. So to do other commands while the Originate is still going
you have to call Originate with the Async option. I would suggest
using  an Originate with the 'Async' option and OriginateHack=>1. If
that is still not working I would have to see your code. Unfortunately
I am not on irc today.