On 13/06/11 19:44, Mike Diehl wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to provision my PAP2T's to use a SVR lookup to find the Asterisk
server.  I'm using a provisioning file that contains an element like:

<Proxy_1_>  _sip._udp.example.com</Proxy_1_>

However, the PAP doesn't seem to be able to find my server with this hostname.
The DNS records are in place because my Polycom and Grandstream servers work
just fine.

What else do I need to do to get the PAP to work this way?

TIA,

There's a setting in the Line 1 and Line 2 page called Use DNS SRV which is set to No by default for some reason. Set this to yes and set the proxy to example.com. So something like:

<Use_DNS_SRV_1_>yes</Use_DNS_SRV_1_>
<Proxy_1_>example.com</Proxy_1_>

cheers,
Paul.