On 15 Jun 2011, at 23:29, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> On 06/15/2011 04:40 PM, Elliot Murdock wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Yes, the issue I am having is currently only with Google Talk.  Wonder
>> if what development will be made to fix this issue.
>
> At some point it will be fixed, and then Google will break it again. Google
> Talk/Google Voice connections to Asterisk will always be at the mercy of
> Google changing the protocol, which they do whenever they feel like it and
> with no warning. In other words, you better not be relying on it for critical
> communications, and you'll need to be patient when it breaks... because the
> developers can't just drop everything and fix it when Google changes the
> protocol.
>
> --

A quick (uneducated) look at the packet, I think google have added some jingle
compatibility to gtalk.

The packet invite now contains 2 nodes - one in the jingle namespace and one in
the google/session namespace
this confuses  asterisk and it passes the call to _neither_ .
I'm not up on iksemel - but I think that if it were told to match on either
node, not just the first one things might work again....

The good news is that it supports a load of nice codecs now, including g722 :-)

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk