In our house, we need wireless.  I have a Grandstream already.

I am looking for something with a form factor more conventional than a
cellphone.  Maybe that is silly ?  I see various unlocked large screen
Android devices for ~$150.

I was hoping to spend on the order of $50 per handset.

I don't understand why (other than economies of scale) that I can buy
various wireless POTS wireless systems (base and multiple handsets) for
<$100 and yet a single VOIP wireless handset is $150.

Any comments on integrating a wireless POTS system into an asterisk system ?