I just downloaded and built the latest "beta" version of Speex, and it appears to be the case that the 1.1.x versions do not work with asterisk. Just to be sure, I built the 1.1.4 (both with and without the fixed-point option) on two servers so I could test using the same codecs.

All calls made that way yielded a horrid screeching, although by listening creatively the content was there, beneath the screeching.

On a broader note, I would love to try to play with the very-low-bandwidth versions of Speex. I could have sworn I saw things on the bugtracker some weeks back on that topic, but I can't find them anymore.

Anyone?

Thx.

B.