On Sat, 17 Sep 2011, Sam Govind wrote:

Requirement: Two copies of the recorded message are required.

[Recorder-A] One will contain only the last message recorded(final)

[Recorder-B] second one will record all the previous retries of the recording.

Once the instruction file is played sound recording will start.

Meanwhile recording if user press * Instruction file is played again and message recording: continues for Recorder-B and restarted for Recorder-A.

If user presses # meanwhile recording..Save both files and continue to next extensions.

I've done sort of combination with Record() application, Mixmonitor, Monitor etc but nothing successful so far !

I don't think you can have a single call recording an 'attempt' while you record the entire call at the same time. How about recording each attempt separately and concatenating after the fact?

I did something similar a few years ago using an AGI with the 'record file' AGI command and exec'ing the 'monitor' and 'stopmonitor' applications.

At the completion of the call, an AGI executed 'normalize' to adjust different caller's 'volume' on the individual files, 'sox' to concatenate the files, 'ffmpeg' to encode to WMA (client requirement) and 'curl' to upload to the client's web site.

FYI, if you anticipate concatenating more than 32 files, you'll need sox 14.x instead of sox 12.x included with some distributions.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST