Greetings-

>From time to time, I find myself working with (or customers working with)
>"dynamic T1s". They are typically standard T1s that terminate to an Adtran
>device which utilizes the channels for data (64kbps X 24) until a call is
>pushed inbound/outbound on the circuit. One data channel is automatically
>peeled off the circuit (removing 64kbps from total data throughput capacity),
>and reallocated as a voice channel.

Is it possible for Asterisk/DAHDI to handle a situation such as this? If I
recall, DAHDI does have some data functions to it, but I'm not sure if it can
handle the circuit as data (presented to kernel for iptables routing/nat),
and/or if it can automagically reallocate channels for voice usage on the fly.

Thoughts?

--Tim