Hi all,

After having done some successful tests with 3G in combination with the G729a codec, I plan to use this as a failover path for when the main internet connection goes down.

However, on this usual connection, G711a is used. I could have the script that monitors the main line also sed the sip.conf for changing to another codec when a failover to 3G is done (and have it do a asterisk -rx 'reload'), but I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to change the codec sort of "on the fly".

Thank you!

B.