Greetings,
Asterisk 1.8.7.1, from source, only compiled Asterisk ( no Dhadi ) ,When installing at first I've also included " Additional Sounds".

I've tested the below issue with : Polycom 330, Snom 320 and Ekiga and it was able to re-produce in 100% of the attempts.
When calling out , using SIP trunk, to PSTN/Cellphone, and placing the call on hold, I get this :
 -- Locally bridging SIP/snom-0000004f and SIP/XXXX-OUT-00000050
    -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/XXXX-IN-0000004

and and that point, the other side here's silence on the line - instead of Music On Hold.

After taking the call off of hold, and re-placing it on hold again, here's what I get :

    --Started music on hold, class 'default', on SIP/XXXX-OUT-00000050
And MOH plays just fine, from that point onward .

If the PSTN/Cell phone call-in, the issue is not happening, MOH engages just fine from first attempt.
All is fine when I'm calling between the phones within the network.
I'm assuming it's something between the PBX and the trunk, but don't know where to check.

Suggestions will be welcome.
--
Thank you for your time
Guy Gold