I would bet you get about the same result with the two providers.....all else being equal. mdev (mean deviation) is a simple way to measure jitter, and you have to put in context with the min/avg/max numbers. If I had 7ms of deviation and average times of 4ms, that would be an issue because you would be likely to get packets out of order. But 7ms compared to 286ms probably means nothing.

Your biggest problem with both providers is delay, but if you can tolerate the delay you have now, then you can probably tolerate the delay with the other provider.

Also note that although packet loss is 0%, some packets are still dropped in both cases. One dropped packet means a small amount of audio is lost (depends on codec, but often 20ms). If those handful of dropped packets are scattered evenly then you wouldn't notice it, but it's common for them to occur in a cluster. If the 13 packets dropped in the first example all happened at once you would have lost 260ms of audio....and you would certainly hear that. You may be able to tell by watching the periods appear on the screen when you run the ping command. Each period is a dropped packet....if they accumulate in a burst then something is happening that you would hear on the phone.

WOW.. That is the most complicated Ping I have ever seen.. :)

This is the result I got.

# ping -f -i .02 -s 180 -Q 0xb8 xx.xx.xx.xx
/PING xx.xx.xx.xx (xx.xx.xx.xx) 180(208) bytes of data.
--- xx.xx.xx.xx ping statistics ---
15338 packets transmitted, 15325 received, 0% packet loss, time 352748ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 276.499/286.185/310.118/7.248 ms, pipe 15, ipg/ewma 22.999/284.882 ms
/

The same test with my Present SIP Provider gave me the result below.

/10926 packets transmitted, 10913 received, 0% packet loss, time 244048ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 289.514/292.668/316.350/2.336 ms, pipe 15, ipg/ewma 22.338/292.941 ms
/

I suppose the value of mdev is much higher in the first case but 0% packet loss in both the cases.
Does this mean that the voice quality is going to be real bad??

Thanks,
Najim