On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 18:51 -0800, Steve Edwards wrote:
<snip>

> Your security needs depends on your environment. At this point in time,
> all of the hosts I manage for my clients exist in very limited
> environments and have very small attack surfaces. They are racked in
> secure data centers. They only accept SIP from clients with static IP
> addresses that we have an existing business relationship with. They only
> accept SSH connections from me. They only accept HTTP connections from me
> and my boss. That's about it. I don't see where F2B adds much value for
> me.
>
> *) Lots of admins think they can't limit access to servers because they
> have 'mobile' users. Your users probably don't need to access your servers
> from every single place on the Internet. If your users don't come from
> China, North Korea, Iran, etc, you can block entire regions with a few
> rules and eliminate 80% of probes and attacks from reaching your servers
> in the first place. Apologies in advance if you happen to live in some of
> these regions -- feel free to `s/China, North Korea, Iran/United States,
> Canada, England/g`

Perhaps an other suggestion.
If they are "true road warriors", i presume they are capable of setting
up an vpn to the company.
In that case, only allow  registrations/calls through the secured
tunnel. Then it's not any concern to asterisk.

And if they can breach your tunnel, you have something else to worry
about.

hw