On 6 February 2012 10:45, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kell...@telenet.be> wrote:

> **
> Hello,
>
> is there anyone that can give me some more information on these
> "deadlocks" ?!
>
> How can these deadlocks occur and what is "good practise" to avoid these
> problems ??
>

> Jonas.

The only way to avoid deadlocks is to report them when they happen, provide
the requested debug, and hope for a fix.

Deadlocks are just a type of bug. Nothing you can do to avoid it unless you
can work out the events that lead up to it, and avoid doing that.

I am still using 1.6.2.22 in many places, and if I see a deadlock "show
locks" trace on the mailing list - I will certainly be looking into it.

Regards,
Steve.