On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM, asterisk jobs <asteriskcod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Using Asterisk 1.6x here with a TDM PRI. I have to run a campaign for about
> 5000 numbers and then put the call to agents right away and pull up the CRM
> based on the number dialed. So, I am going to be doing some PHP+Ajax work. I
> am familiar with spool files but I don't like the fact that I can't read the
> status of the call in real-time. However, I know that it's the easiest way
> to approach the issue.

The way to call 5000 numbers is to call one number, really well. Then
you put it in a loop. You need to run a lab for long enough that you
have the bugs worked out, before you subject real people to problems.

With asterisk you can always tell the real-time status of a call, even
if you initiate from a call file. Perhaps you would enjoy reading up
on Local channels. Some people prefer to initiate calls from AMI. I
tried it and didn't like it.

But because most of us have been annoyed by an autodialer in our
lives, even if we ourselves have made autodialers in the past, this is
probably about the limit of the help you're going to get, unless you
ask a more specific question that shows you've been trying to learn
this hands-on and you've gotten stuck on a particular problem.