On 02/14/2012 08:43 AM, Matt Hamilton wrote:
Hi,

For REGISTER and SUBSCRIBE requests coming from UACs, is it possible to
make Asterisk skip authentication even if a "secret" is defined in
sip.conf for the peer; i.e. similar to insecure=invite for INVITE requests?

If I leave "secret" blank, Asterisk doesn't require any authentication -
this works as I want. However, I also use "SIP NOTIFY" to contact UACs
(UACs are set to require authorization for NOTIFY), but without the
"secret" defined, Asterisk can't send the correct authorization.

You can use 'remotesecret' to set the secret string for Asterisk to use to respond to authentication challenges. There isn't any way to make REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/etc. insecure like there is for INVITEs... I can't imagine that many people would want unauthenticated REGISTERs to be allowed :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming