On 2012-02-28 22:17:37 +0000, Danny Nicholas said:

Ok Steve, obviously you've outsmarted at least this poster.  On the one hand, IAX2 has purchased things for you (won't go as far as saying it bought your Mercedes), but on the other hand it is being dropped by providers as we speak. So are you saying it can be a good thing if you have the time and skill level to pursue it, but beginners should leave it alone?

I understood Steve to mean the following:
- "Secure" locations like IAX. There's only one port to monitor or allow through a firewall, which is pretty compelling.
- Aforementioned locations can't get IAX to work well.
- So they hire Steve to get IAX to work properly, and he makes money.

At least, that's my take.
--
Troy Telford