On 03/08/2012 10:34 AM, Gavin Henry wrote:

My question is someone (Digium) must have this working against Polycom
(which is a requirement for this project) with commercial certs since
that's their partner of choice?

I don't believe we've done any interop testing with Polycom phones since TLS
and SRTP support were added to Asterisk. Most (possibly all) of the interop
testing was done with Asterisk Business Edition, the last version of which
was based on Asterisk 1.4.

Ah, this makes sense now. So as of today the status of TLS and SRTP in anything
other than 1.4.X is unknown?

Umm... no :-)

Asterisk 1.4 did not have support for SRTP or SIP/TLS. Thus, neither of these were tested with Polycom phones the last time we did interop testing with those phones.

The status of SIP/TLS and SRTP support in the Asterisk releases that have them are not 'unknown'; they are there and expected to be working. I was just pointing out that Digium has not specifically tested Polycom phones for interop with these features, and certainly has not specifically tested usage of TLS certificates issued by any particular CA.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming