Hi,

this question is not Asterisk specific, but since there are so many experts present on this list, maybe its OK to ask anyways.

I'm having a hard time "normalizing" rate sheets from different providers. What I mean with this: the goal is to always get the cheapest rate for a given destination. What I would like to do is throw like 10 rate sheets from different providers together and as output get a single rate sheet with only the cheapest rates. However, some providers are listing a country, lets say Germany, as code "49" with a specific rate, and another provider will list each city individually, and each code separately, e.g. Berlin "4930", Hamburg "4940" etc., and probably different cities have different rates as well. Now, if the "49" route of the first provider is cheaper, my system (a2billing) will still use the more expensive "4930" code because it is more specific.

I'm looking for some awesome, smart tool that will automatically "normalize" all these code differences and output a clean ratesheet with only the cheapest rates.

Does such a thing exist? I wonder how everyone else is "normalizing" their different rate sheets. With a homebrewn script?

Thanks!