Am 28.03.2012 20:17, schrieb C. Savinovich:

>>The "Way to make money" is to help folks use the "open source" items
in the most efficient manner

Nobody wants to pay me $2,000 to install and configure A2billing, which
in my view, is a fairly low price for my time. There are people who do
that for less than $500. I do know the tricks and formulas of how to
make money in calling cards, but go tell the customer, they don't care.
I don't care either, I am very busy in my consulting business, but it is
unfortunate that the better income source for developers just doesn't
exist anymore. I would make much more money if A2billing weren't open
source and I would selling copies of my own version of A2billing,
probably even developing a better product, definitely with the request
that initiated this thread included ;)

Why don't you go ahead then and start to code such a program? If you don't have the time personally then you could hire someone and at the same time create a new job in the USA. :)

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of people who would be happy to pay money for a "better" a2billing. Including myself :)