Il 18/04/2012 14:50, Kevin P. Fleming ha scritto:
Do you expect Debian-style packages to include these third-party
components in Asterisk? If you are talking about DAHDI specifically,
moving to Asterisk 10 does not change DAHDI requirements at all.

No, I just pointed out that upgrading to a new asterisk version (ie 1.6 -> 1.8) can lead to regressions when using third parties components. For example two years ago there was a bug with sangoma cards and asterisk 1.8 and now there is another one with dahdi 2.6.

If you feel that having a discussion about what makes sense for users to
do and not to do is 'polemics', then fine, you can do whatever you like.
Just please stop trying to assign blame or fault to people because this
old, unsupported branch doesn't do what you want, especially when there
is a current, fully supported release that will do what you want.

I think you misunderstood: I just wanted to point out that *I do not blame anyone*, I was just speaking about the reasons because of I prefer to not upgrade to v10.

About asterisk 10, it seems I misunderstood the new release cycle, my fault.

Niccolò