On 05/07/12 13:04, Benny Amorsen wrote:
man, 07 05 2012 kl. 12:03 +0200, skrev Bart Coninckx:
What about phones like the Unidata WPU-7800
( http://www.udcsystems.com/product/wpu7800.php) ? Does anyone have
experience with those? Would these also suffer from connection losses?
I don't know that particular phone, but dedicated wifi phones definitely
CAN work for professional use. E.g. ASCOM phones work absolutely great,
they are just expensive.

/Benny

Does anyone know how things have evolved regarding sessions/call handover in wifi? I remember reading this document in 2008: http://www.abpsec.com/blog/the-dect-versus-wlan-wifi-debate/ <http://www.abpsec.com/blog/the-dect-versus-wlan-wifi-debate/> which basically states that it's a bad idea as interruptions of 70 ms are involved.

Is this still a challenge?

Rgds,

BC
<http://www.abpsec.com/blog/the-dect-versus-wlan-wifi-debate/>