On 05/18/2012 12:51 PM, Steve Edwards wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2012, Dave Platt wrote:

A maximum jitter of 230 milliseconds looks pretty horrendous to me.
This is going to cause really serious audio stuttering on the
receiving side, and/or will force the use of such a long "jitter
buffer" by the receiver that the audio will suffer from an infuriating
amount of delay. Even a local call would sound as if it's coming from
overseas via a satellite-radio link.

Won't a cell-to-cell call experience delays in the 300ms range?

Many moons ago I remember listening with a cell while tapping on the
table with another cell and being stunned with the magnitude of the
delay and that most people manage to carry on conversations without
noticing.

Yes, cellular networks have largish latencies, but no jitter.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kflem...@digium.com | SIP: kpflem...@digium.com | Skype: kpfleming