On 05/30/2012 12:02 AM, Danny Dias wrote:
Hi all,

Does Hylafax and IAXmodem works with analog lines? or only with E1?

I've been checking some commercial solutions (in case Asterisk is not on site, and the customer wants a Fax Server as standalone), i saw FaxBack and Linkcom e-fax

But again, if Hylafax and iaxmodem works also with analog lines, that would be better to use. Could you please confirm? any place to check How-To on Hylafax and Iaxmodem?

not sure what your requirements are, but i can +1 the reliability of hylafax, have been using it for years problem free although only +- 10 faxes a day, and its running on an old leftover pc with a cheap modem on a analog line.

i use it in combination with avantfax as a web front end and email2fax, its a cheap and Free solution, easy to use, low maintenance etc....

never used iaxmodem though

Many thanks!!!