On 29/6/12 9:59 am, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of connecting SIP phones to an asterisk
server through the 2701HGV router that BT supply with their Infinity
product?

Good luck with that.

The BT 'Home Hub' and 'Business Hub' routers they supply with retail ADSL and FTTC products seem to have a very poorly written SIP ALG in them that cannot be disabled [0] easily. This seems to play havoc with any attempt to hook up SIP devices - even just one handset.

[0] I have read that it's possible to disable the ALG through a telnet session to the router, but it's somewhat fiddly and doesn't always 'stick' - so has to be repeated whenever the router is restarted. In my experience it's far easier just to replace the router with something competent.

Kind regards,

Chris