On 10-07-12 19:48, Warren Selby wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Patrick Lists
<asterisk-l...@puzzled.xs4all.nl
<mailto:asterisk-l...@puzzled.xs4all.nl>> wrote:

    Thank you for your feedback Warren. I removed the outbound name but
    still get random numbers & "VOIP CALLER" on outbound calls. Googling
    I tried some more:

    SipAddHeader(P-Asserted-__Identity: <sip:19995551212@AST_BOX_FQDN>__)
    SipAddHeader(P-Asserted-__Identity: 19995551212)
    SipAddHeader(P-Preferred-__Identity: <sip:19995551212@AST_BOX_FQDN>__)
    SipAddHeader(P-Preferred-__Identity: 19995551212)

    But none of them work. So unless someone has the magic incantation
    howto make this work I'll open a ticket with flowroute.

I use Flowroute.  My outbound callerID is set as follows:

[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Verbose(Outound call from ${callidnum} to ${EXTEN} on
${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%D)} at ${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%T)})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=${callidnum})
exten => _X.,n,Goto(outgoing-dial,${EXTEN},1)

[outgoing-dial]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/1${EXTEN}@flowroute)

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@flowroute)

${callidnum} is a variable from my SIP peer
(setvar=callidnum=7133437300).  This always passes my proper phone
number when I make outbound calls.

Thank you for that snippet Warren. I setup a different US DID and called that one via flowroute and the callerid worked. Previously I called a voip.ms toll-free number. I'll blame it on (lack of) carrier interoperability :) Good to know outbound callerid works without having to use magic SipAddHeader incantations.

Thanks!
Patrick