On 10-07-12 20:42, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
I'm currently trying to decide on which GUI-enabled version of Asterisk
to use for one particular installation, where we will need good
telecommuter support.  We've made it so easy for people to work remotely
that the customer is downsizing their real estate and will have 90%
remote workers with them rotating through the office as needed.  So most
phones in the office will be shared, and I'm looking for a version of
Asterisk that will easily allow people to log in and out of a specific
desk.  What are your suggestions?  I have very little experience with
GUI versions of Asterisk; we use bare Asterisk for nearly everything.

Afaik development of the free Trixbox has stalled. Elastix is a popular alternative and iirc it comes with provisioning tools that work with Polycom. Or you could just install a bare Asterisk and slap FreePBX on top of it if you don't need all the fancy stuff that Elastix offers.

Regards,
Patrick