Hi,

I've used the shells-script at the end of this email to generate 8khz mono wave-files for asterisk from a 144 khz recording.

The script does two things: resample & normalize the audio volume.

Anyone like to share their recommendations / scripts for doing this conversion? I've just converted to 8khz wave, should I convert to something else?

For the googler in the future this is my current script (which I hope to improve):

BASEDIR=`dirname $0`
PROMPTDIRS="dir1 dir2"
for dir in ${PROMPTDIRS}
do
  src=${BASEDIR}/recordings/prompts/${dir}
  dst=${BASEDIR}/generated/prompts/8khz/${dir}
  for i in ${src}/*.wav; do sox "$i"  -V -r 8000 -c 1 -q -s \
"${dst}/$(basename "$i" .wav).wav" vol 0.8; done

  normalize-audio -a -20dBFS "${dst}"/*
done

--
Johan Wilfer