From what I gather, it costs extra for each channel even for direct Skype to
Asterisk calls. Since my plan was to use this for business purposes, I'd need at least something like 30 channels which would be way out of my monthly budget unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Duncan Turnbull" <dun...@e-simple.co.nz> To: <ch...@acsdi.com>; "Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>
Cc: <phi...@blastbay.com>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Connecting Skype to Asterisk

On 13/10/2012, at 7:54 AM, Christopher Harrington <ch...@acsdi.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Philip Bennefall <phi...@blastbay.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Asterisk PBX under development, that I would like to link to a
Skype account if possible. The idea is that people would call a particular Skype username, and be redirected to my SIP and through that to Asterisk. Is this doable? I have looked around and saw the Skype for Asterisk driver, but of course that has been discontinued. Are there any other options? I would
prefer not to have to go through the regular PSTN telephone network but
directly from Skype to Asterisk via SIP. If you have any tips on how to
configure my sip.conf to get this working, this would also be highly
appreciated.

It looks like this is what you want:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/skype-connect/

This is pretty straight forward to use for inbound skype business user names and outbound either to pstn, skype numbers are a little more to setup

There is a monthly cost but its not much and if you have skype users out there its a good way for them to connect in

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800