We have a customer with a dozen phones and they want nearly all of them to
ring.    Unfortunately this causes a firestorm of call presence notifications
that overwhelm something on their network.   Any existing calls get gappy audio
for a few milliseconds when a new call comes in and when someone picks it up
due to all the state changes between ringing and not ringing.  They have a T-1
dedicated to voice so it isn't a bandwidth issue per se.   We've been through a
handful of routers and QOS settings but nothing has worked.   Turning off the
busy lamps fixes the problem but of course that isn't really a long term
solution.

Really I don't think anyone cares about the busy lamps for ringing.   They just
want to know when someone is on the phone.

Is there any way short of hacking code that we can make notifications ignore
changes involving ringing and just report inuse/notinuse?

We are using 1.8.x if that matters.

Chris

Chris Owen    - Garden City (620) 275-1900 -  Lottery (noun):
President          - Wichita     (316) 858-3000 -    A stupidity tax
Hubris Communications Inc      www.hubris.net