If I remember correctly, dahdi dummy was removed and the functionally added by
default when you load dahdi with no TDM cards installed. I could be wrong
though.

What do you need dummy for?
I am using CentOS 5 on a machine and have no issue with alsa dropping audio.
I dual booted and have CentOS 6 on a machine and after a littel while the audio drops out
and then comes back.

The machine is a "client" to the master asterisk and just plays files out the alsa or console/dsp port.

I thought it was a dahdi_dummy driver issue.
I dont know what else to look at.

How do I tell for sure that a "timer" is being grabbed and used?
I see nothing in dmesg

Jerry