Please trim cruft irrelevant to the current questions.

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, bilal ghayyad wrote:

As I see that the call file is used to generate calls, can I use this technique to page the Phones?

Yes. The call file would look something like:

        application:    page
        data:           sip/bilal&sip/steve
        channel:        local/fajr@prayer-reminder

and a snippet of extensions.conf would look something like:

        [prayer-reminder]
                exten = fajr,1,         verbose(1,[${EXTEN}@${CONTEXT}])
                exten = fajr,n,         playback(time-for-fajr)
                exten = fajr,n,         hangup()

When I say Paging, I mean that they are going to hear the sound from the speaker (without pickup the handset).

Then you will have to learn how to set the 'auto-answer' SIP header for each of your phone types.

The page at:

        http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Page

should help with the specifics of setting auto-answer.

This also means the 'data' line in the call file will change to something like:

        data:           local/bilal@page&local/steve@page

By using AMI, then I can build PHP script that will use the AMI to do the Page?

I'm sorry. I thought we had a 'failure to communicate' in your use of the word page in your previous emails. I though you meant playback.

Since you are only placing a single call, the call file approach should be fine. But, to answer your question, you should be able to use AMI as well.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST