Am 11.01.2013 02:42, schrieb Christopher Harrington:

Wow, that seems wildly bandwidth inefficient. Is it possible to do
multicast VoIP?

Snom phones[*] do support multicast streaming. You can setup an
IP & port combination that the phone will accept audio at; once
stream data starts arriving, the phone will start playback.

[*] and possibly others as well, but that is what I have on my desk.

Reasonably multicast will be ignored during a call though.

AFAIK Asterisk supports "Page" to multicast. VLC or the like may
also be audio sources.

BR
AMH