On 02/12/2013 05:37 PM, Rusty Newton wrote:
---- Original Message -----
From: "sean darcy" <seandar...@gmail.com>

Can I throw A and B into a confbridge and then add C?  Create a new
channel that grabs the A <-> B channel? Or is there a more straight
forward way to do this?

The Asterisk Definitive guide has some good info on what you can do with ConfBridge. That might
work for you. See "Advanced Conferencing"[1] and "Conferencing with
ConfBridge()"[2]

Also, there is the Shared Line Appearance stuff in Asterisk[3]. That's a bit
more confusing, but may help you as well. I'd recommend playing with both to
really see if they work for your needs.

[1] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-SysAdmin.html
[2]
http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-DP-Deeper.html#confbridgeConferencing
[3] http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449332426/asterisk-DeviceStates.html#SLA

Thanks.

confBridge could work here, but how do I throw an existing bridge into the confbridge? That is, if A <-> B exists, how do I trigger the entry into confbridge. Once there, it's pretty easy to see how C would join.

maybe EVERY call is done with confbridge. Would that cause some other problem?

I don't necessarily have DAHDI, so the SLA stuff wouldn't work. Just as well, since my head hurt reading about it.

sean