On 05/04/2013 08:43 PM, Mike Diehl wrote:
Hi all.

I just installed bunch of IP450's and everything went well and my
customer is happy.... except that they are unable to transfer calls to
other extenstions.

They can dial them directly just fine.

However, when the user is in a call and presses the transfer soft key,
they get dial tone, and start typing the extension, say 1008.  But by
the time they get 100 typed in, the phone tries to dial and the
transfer fails.  I feel sure that it's a dial plan issue on the phone.

We are running:

PolycomSoundPointIP-SPIP_450-UA/3.3.3.0094

The dialplan section of the sip.cfg provisioning file is:

    <dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0"
dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1"
dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0"
dialplan.1.applyToDirectoryDial="0"
<snip>
       <digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut=""
dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut=""
dialplan.3.digitmap="" dialplan.3.digitmap.timeOut=""
<snip>
The same section of the phone1.cfg file is:

    <dialplan dialplan.1.impossibleMatchHandling="0"
dialplan.1.removeEndOfDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToUserSend="1"
dialplan.1.applyToUserDial="1" dialplan.1.applyToCallListDial="0"
<snip>
dialplan.6.applyToDirectoryDial="0">
       <digitmap dialplan.1.digitmap="" dialplan.1.digitmap.timeOut=""
dialplan.2.digitmap="" dialplan.2.digitmap.timeOut=""
<snip>

       </routing>
    </dialplan>

The MAC-specific provisioning file does not have a dialplan  section.

All of my Polycom users share these files and many of them can
transfer to 4-digit extensions.  Is there something I need to do for
the 450 to make this work?

Thank you in advance.

Mike Diehl.

You really should configure the dialplan.digitmap attribute. I don't know why the other polycom phones are working and the 450's are not, but I believe the combination of not having a digitmap configured and having dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling set to 0 is what is causing the problem. You could try setting dialplan.impossibleMatchHandling to 2 for the short term, but configuring the digitmap to match your environment is the best solution. Check the SIP admin guide for details on how to set it up.

-Dave