Well, good job. I just implemented it and it works.  So I'm happy.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg
Boehnlein
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Agents / ackcall

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Matthew B Marlowe wrote:

> You should make the preackannounce option in the queue.conf file so
> you can set a different sound for each queue.
>
> "call from tech support, press # to accept"
>
> "call from sales, press # to accept"
>
> (although this works great for me)

I thought about that, and to be sure, this patch is a hack. There are
several things that could be improved:

1. It could be integrated with the queue system to allow for per-queue
announcements, but this is more than just a trivial patch.

2. Right now, the agent is forced to listen to the entire .gsm file
before hitting "#" as this patch has no interrupt features.

#1 is hard because the app_queue code is an Application, while
chan_agent is actually a channel. The code that actually handles the
streaming of the file is in the channel code. I don't know enough about
Asterisk Architecture or design philosphy to know wether what I'm doing
is breaking protocol, but since it is open source, people are free to
comment and expand on it, or write something better.

                             KP-216-121-ST