asterisk users wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem recently with a Yealink SIP-T28P phone connected
> to Asterisk 11.4.0 via openvpn. It was working fine for months, and now when I
> dial anything from the phone, it shows "Forbidden", and the Asterisk console
> shows:
>
> [May 21 10:47:49] NOTICE[28518][C-00000004]: chan_sip.c:25189
> handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate device "Ext 110" <
> sip:110@192.168.6.2 >;tag=1130259112
>
> Asterisk 192.168.6.2
> OpenVPN on router 10.8.0.1
> Remote Yealink phone 10.8.0.6
>
> The remote phone shows as being registered:
> PBX*CLI> sip show peers
> Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport ACL Port Status Description
> 110/110 10.8.0.6 D A 5062 OK (111 ms) Yealink OpenVPN
>
> Also, if there is voicemail in the mailbox for 110, the phone's message light
> is lit and it beeps periodically.

> Any suggestions on what might be happening here, and how it could be
> resolved?

That is quite strange.  Please provide SIP traces of the dialogs between
Asterisk and the phone in the following two scenarios:

  1) Phone registering to Asterisk (presumably successful)
  2) Phone dialing to Asterisk (presumably unsuccessful)

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer