On Monday 23 February 2004 12:56 pm, Khalid Yaseen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in running small busines in telecommunication with
> minimum expenses and investment. Can Windows operating be used for
> this purpose. Thank you all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yaseen

Haha, that's funny!

Unless of course you are serious. Realize that Unix was developed by
AT&T and has the type of stability needed to run 24/7 mission critical
operations. Windows has not been able to become a viable option in that
industry. Those who have tried have gone back to Unix (or Unix like
operating systems like Linux and BSD).

Not that you could not have a windows box that is pretty stable, but
there's a big investment in time to get close to what Unix does out of
the box. And yet, it's not going to be as dependable and maintenance
free...

Another note, you replied with a new question into an existing thread.
Using windiws you may not see it as it is usually not fully complient.
For us however, we have thread in progress and then your email comes in
with a new subject.

The best way if you have a new subject is to not reply to the list but
use new message, this way we don't get all messed up by it.  : )

> >From: Michael Manousos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: [Asterisk-Users] asterisk-oh323, new version 0.5.8
> >Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 14:07:43 +0200
> >

> >Hello all,
> >
> >A new version of asterisk-oh323 is now available. It contains
> >numerous minor fixes and updates. Among them, a fix for channels
> >using the G.729 codec (tested with codec_g729b.so codec).
> >
> >Download from:
> >http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/projects/asterisk-oh323
> >
> >Regards,
> >Michael.