On 11/22/2013 12:52 PM, Todd R. wrote:
Just checking one more time to see if anyone has an opinion on this. I
am primarily interested in using a cloud type setup such as Amazon AWS
for the redundancy, easy backup and recovery options. It's not about
price but the idea that it will be very hard for a single piece of
hardware to ruin my day.

I have only one small datapoint. I ran an EC2 microinstance with Asterisk and a dozen offboard users. The only problem I had was SIP wasn't dealing well with the Elastic IP one-to-one NAT that Amazon uses. I had the usual Asterisk/NAT issues of one-way audio. I eventually moved from Amazon to Linode to get away from the NAT issues. Once I did that, everything worked fine, but again it was only a dozen users.