Hi

What are the disk IOPS required for Asterisk call recording?
I am trying to find out number of disks required in RAID array to record 500 calls. Is there any formula to calculate IOPS required by Asterisk call recording? This will help me to find IOPS for different scale.

If I assume that Asterisk will write data on disk every second for each call, I will need disk array to support minimum of 500 IOPS. Where as if Asterisk push data every 2 seconds, I can deal with array supporting 250 IOPS. But if I assume that Asterisk will write data on disk for every RTP packet received, as and when received, I will need disk IO system with approx 25000 IOPS assuming 20 ms RTP packet.

Please assist me on this requirement.

*Thanks & Regards,*
Amit Patkar