On 2014-02-28 14:04, Tahir Almas wrote:
    1) We do not perform any transcoding whatsoever. All recordings, and
    voice mail are in G729,
    and allow=g729 for all peers and in sip.conf. Is there anything else
    we need to perform "g729 passthrough". More importantly are we still
    liable? Given that most vendors support G729, why do some still
    require the need to transcode?

  As earlier referred following quote from their site

"DISCLAIMER: You might have to pay royalty fees to the G.729/723.1
patent holders for using their algorithm"

You have to pay royalty fee for using their algorithm and it does not matter
whether you are trans-coding or not however there is no restriction to pay
their royalty fee under testing / evaluation
environment.

Hmm, wouldn't that mean, that every single ISP needs to pay the fee for passing
G.729 data through their network ? They really do not transcode.
If you do not transcode, you do not use their algorithm. This is my opinion,
but I 'm not a layer.

Regards

Hans