On 04/15/2014 06:52 PM, Kai-Uwe Jensen wrote:
Oops, had it wrong. Here's how it works for me:

[callcentric-template](!)
type=friend
context=from-callcentric
fromdomain=callcentric.com <http://callcentric.com>
defaultuser=1777xxxxxxx
fromuser=1777xxxxxxx
secret=password
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallowed_methods=UPDATE
session-timers=refuse
videosupport=no
qualify=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[alpha11](callcentric-template)
host=alpha11.callcentric.com <http://alpha11.callcentric.com>

[alpha12](callcentric-template)
host=alpha12.callcentric.com <http://alpha12.callcentric.com>

[...]

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Kai-Uwe Jensen <kujen...@gmail.com
<mailto:kujen...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        So do I need 7 contexts, one for each ip address?

        sean

    Yes, if what you call a "context" is your peer definition in
    sip.conf. CC routes calls through a varying number of SBCs, all
    (also) resolving to callcentric.com <http://callcentric.com>, but
    each having their own name, typically "alphaxy.callcenctric.com
    <http://alphaxy.callcenctric.com>".

    I think you can use asterisk's configuration template syntax to
    create the required peer definitions. This would likely look similar
    to this (from memory):

    [alpha11]
    host=alpha11.callcentric.com <http://alpha11.callcentric.com>

    [alpha12]
    host=alpha12.callcentric.com <http://alpha12.callcentric.com>

    [callcentric](alpha11,alpha12)
    type=peer
    context=from-callcentric
    defaultuser=1777<myccid>
    secret=<mysecret>
    fromuser=1777<myccid>
    fromdomain=callcentric.com <http://callcentric.com>

    insecure=port,invite
    disallowed_methods=UPDATE
    directmedia=no
    videosupport=no
    disallow=all
    allow=ulaw

    Add templates for all IPs that callcentric.com
    <http://callcentric.com> returns. Note that this approach isn't
    foolproof: if/when CC change their pool of SBCs, you may have to add
    more hosts, or remove them from this config. And, as you say, I
    believe the cause is that asterisk only uses the first returned IP
    for a host name. (Interestingly, the DNS server authoritative for CC
    also varies the order of IPs it returns. Guess that's their way
    load-balancing.)

    And again, the above is from memory. I can look it up later today
    and will follow up if I goofed/misremembered.

Many thanks, That worked, I set up 20 contexts for alpha[1-20].callcentric.com.

sean