On 4/22/2014 5:54 PM, Nick Cameo wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your response. The people I am doing it for run a
non-profit charity,
and are legally able to reach out to their customers. I will wire it
up to the DNC
however, for starters, I would like to get asterisk to:

i) Iterate through a list of numbers
ii) Play a pre-recorded message asking if they have waste they need picked up
iii) If they press one, forward the call to mailbox

That's about as simple as it gets.

A call file that goes to the dialplan.

A dialplan that consists of Read (which would play the message) followed a GotoIf into a mailbox (either voicemail or Dial() to an external number).

One hint for doing unattended dialing like this, make sure you're dialing using a SIP or other digital method rather than, say, out an analogue port that doesn't have decent answer detect.

And you can't just dump a whole bunch of call files into the system at once, you'll need to meter them out based on the number of concurrent outbound calls your provider will allow.