Hello,
I am working on upgrading from Asterisk 1.8 to Asterisk 11.6. One of the
features we are excited for is Call Identifier
Logging<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Call+Identifier+Logging>.
However, it doesn't appear that this new Call ID is accessible from the dial
plan. Ideally we would like to store this Call ID in the CDR. Does anyone know
if this is possible?

I could do something like this, but it seems like a terrible hack:
same => n,Set(CALLID=${SHELL(asterisk -rx "core show channel ${CHANNEL}" | grep
' Call Identifer' | egrep -o 'C-[0-9a-f]+')})

Also as a side note, in the core show channel output ' Identifier' is misspelt
as ' Identifer'
Steven Wheeler