Hi all,
I’m currently in the process of familiarizing myself with Asterisk, and am
trying to move certain configuration objects (such as SIP peers) into a MySQL
database, accessed by Asterisk using the ODBC connector.
Now, I’ve imported the sippeers MySQL table from the contrib directory of the
Asterisk source, and I could add SIP users in here. However, I currently don’t
understand whether this realtime dynamic configuration table is meant to
replace or just supplement sip.conf. This is because the sippeers table does
not offer certain fields for entries in the [general] section of my sip.conf
file, such as the ‚udpbindaddr‘ variable.
So, am I supposed to put all that in the database by adding appropriate table
columns, or can I leave this in the sip.conf file and chan_sip.so will read
both the file and MySQL table once loaded? Also, is there anyway that I could
use templates, so that I don’t have to redefine everything for each SIP peer?
Thanks a lot for help!
Robin