Jeffrey Walton wrote:
I downloaded asterisk-12.4.0 (asterisk-12-current.tar.gz, dated
10-JUL_2014) from
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/.

The packaged configured OK. However, I'm getting a compile error: use
of undeclared identifier 'pvt'.

I've found similar reports for other versions (asterisk-11 and dongle;
macports; a couple others), but nothing for 12.4.

Any suggestions to fix the issue?

You are building Asterisk using the 'clang' compiler. At this time Asterisk does not support being built with it. You will need to ensure GCC is used instead.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp