What you may want to check out is the PlayTones and Ringing applications in
your dial plan. Asterisk will answer the call, but your users won't know that
because all they hear is the call still ringing. After a certain amount of time
passes, you can send them directly to voicemail, hangup, run your scripts, or
anything else you want to do with the call. My dial plan snippet looks like
this. Just an option.

exten => s,n(ringing),Answer

exten => s,n,PlayTones(ring)

exten => s,n,Ringing

exten => s,n,Wait(${TIMEOUT})

exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${BLOCKDEST}" = "3"]?s-NA-VOICEMAIL,1)

exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${CUSTCALLBLOCKACTION}" = "3"]?s-NA-VOICEMAIL,1) ;

exten => s,n,PlayTones(congestion)

exten => s,n,Congestion(10)

exten => s,n,Hangup

Regards;