asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com wrote on 08/13/2014 08:31:01 AM:

> From: "Nick Olsen" <n...@flhsi.com>
> To: <asterisk-users@lists.digium.com>,
> Date: 08/13/2014 08:31 AM
> Subject: [asterisk-users] Better info on call failure
> Sent by: asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> Currently, I've got a PBX that is emailing me on call failures to an
> international SIP provider of ours.
>
> I'm doing this with exten => 1,1,System(mail -s "Call from $
> {CALLERID(num)} to ${DNID} Failed with DialStatus ${DIALSTATUS}"
> n...@flhsi.com < /dev/null)
>
> This works fine, However it's a little lacking. For Instance,
>
> Our INTL SIP provider will bounce back SIP status messages if the
> call is rejected. 503 Service unavailable. 6XX over rate limit. 6XX
> blocked destination..etc. Anyone have any ideas about how I might
> capture that and include it in my email. Right now they just all
> bounce CHANUNAVAIL which is expected.
>
> Thanks!

You could write a shell script that handles the actual mailing and pass in
the information as arguments when calling the shell script.

exten => 1,1,System(/opt/scripts/asterisk/send-error-email.sh
${CALLERID(num)} ${DNID} ${DIALSTATUS} ${HANGUPCAUSE})

In this fashion you could also have a body in your message that contains
all the extra information. This would work for basically any variable you
wanted to pull in from Asterisk.