It looks as if that is more of a question/issue with your router, rather than
Asterisk.

I have SIP devices working on my LAN, all hardwired, and have no need to open
any ports or have the router address SIP in any way
My switch is not managed, and the router ports on the LAN side are all unmanaged, just a
huge Ethernet "wirenut"
You SHOULD be able to communicate between devices on the LAN without any
firewall issue.
I have also found with some routers that the DMZ isn't what one expects, and
can get in the way, depending on the firware.
Does this router have any SIP ALG setting? turn it off!
As an aside, I would caution you to not have SIP 5060 exposed to the public
Internet, or you will soon regret it.

I am sure others will have much better information though

John Novack

thufir wrote:
I'm reading the O'Reilly "Asterisk the definitive guide", 4th ed, with a
starfish on it.  In some ways, astonishing that it's not really that
definitive, it's more general -- and it only clocks in at one ream of
paper!

In any event, I'm having some port problems on my home network:

http://security.stackexchange.com/questions/81752/

I need to open ports for Asterisk to work even on a local level.

so I'm just asking in general.  For SIP to SIP peer calling, and by that
I just mean "ring" or "beep," some sort of ping, basically, just
configure the two softphones to use the IP address for the Asterisk box?

also:

tleilax:~ #
tleilax:~ # asterisk -V
Asterisk 1.8.32.1-vici
tleilax:~ #
tleilax:~ # asterisk -rm
Asterisk 1.8.32.1-vici, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <marks...@digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for
details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General
Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it
under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
log and verbose output currently muted ('logger mute' to unmute)
Connected to Asterisk 1.8.32.1-vici currently running on tleilax (pid =
3062)
Verbosity is at least 21
tleilax*CLI>
tleilax*CLI> sip show peer babytel

    * Name       : babytel
    Secret       : <Set>
    MD5Secret    : <Not set>
    Remote Secret: <Not set>
    Context      : default
    Subscr.Cont. : <Not set>
    Language     : en
    AMA flags    : Unknown
    Netborder CPD: No
    Transfer mode: open
    CallingPres  : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
    Callgroup    :
    Pickupgroup  :
    MOH Suggest  : default
    Mailbox      :
    VM Extension : asterisk
    LastMsgsSent : 32767/65535
    Call limit   : 0
    Max forwards : 0
    Dynamic      : Yes
    Callerid     : "" <>
    MaxCallBR    : 384 kbps
    Expire       : -1
    Insecure     : no
    Force rport  : Yes
    ACL          : No
    DirectMedACL : No
    T.38 support : No
    T.38 EC mode : Unknown
    T.38 MaxDtgrm: 4294967295
    DirectMedia  : No
    PromiscRedir : No
    User=Phone   : No
    Video Support: No
    Text Support : No
    Ign SDP ver  : No
    Trust RPID   : No
    Send RPID    : Yes
    TrustIDOutbnd: Legacy
    Subscriptions: Yes
    Overlap dial : No
    DTMFmode     : rfc2833
    Timer T1     : 500
    Timer B      : 32000
    ToHost       : sip.babytel.ca
    Addr->IP     : 198.38.7.11:5060
    Defaddr->IP  : (null)
    Prim.Transp. : UDP
    Allowed.Trsp : UDP
    Def. Username: 1<private>
    SIP Options  : (none)
    Codecs       : 0x4 (ulaw)
    Codec Order  : (ulaw:20)
    Auto-Framing : No
    Status       : UNREACHABLE
    Useragent    :
    Reg. Contact :
    Qualify Freq : 60000 ms
    Sess-Timers  : Accept
    Sess-Refresh : uas
    Sess-Expires : 1800 secs
    Min-Sess     : 90 secs
    RTP Engine   : asterisk
    Parkinglot   :
    Use Reason   : No
    Encryption   : No

tleilax*CLI>
tleilax*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username             Host Dyn Forcerport ACL Port     Status
201/201                   (Unspecified) D   N             0        UNKNOWN
babytel/1<private> 198.38.7.11                              D N
  5060 UNREACHABLE
gs102/gs102               (Unspecified) D   N             0        UNKNOWN
3 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 3 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0
offline]
tleilax*CLI>

thanks,

Thufir