Zitat von A J Stiles <asterisk_l...@earthshod.co.uk>:

If I call a phone at home using my cellphone it works and the quality
is perfect!
If a phone at home call my cellphone, however, the quality on my
cellphone is very poor, but on the other phone is perfect...

I think, it is something by the codecs, but I don't know what...

Codecs would be the first thing I would be looking at.

Me too... :)

The "native" codec used by the PSTN throughout Europe is G.711 A-law, or just
alaw for short; and if you are making a system which connects with the PSTN,
there is rarely a good reason to use anything else; since something, somewhere

Well, PSTN (and ISDN) in Germany will be shutted down in short... That's why I'm experimenting with Asterisk now... :)

-- and most probably *your* Asterisk server -- is going to wind up having to
translate from one codec to another.  That is going to  (1)  take a finite
amount of time and  (2)  introduce distortion.

Try, in the top section of your sip.conf file,

disallow=all
allow=alaw

And that ought to fix it.

I wanted to write the list again, since I maybe got it just adding "allow=all" for the user...
I'll try your configuration this evening, too and report to the list...

I'm very happy, that now I can login in my Asterisk at home and I don't need another Asterisk on a separate server. Firewall can be very difficult to setup, sometimes, for a SysAdmin as I be, too... :(

Regards
Luca Bertoncello
(lucab...@lucabert.de)