Hi.

I have a beginner conceptual question about Asterisk:

Let's suppose that there are 4 softphones registered in my Asterisk and all of
them are currently online. In addiction , there is no call.

Suddenly, one of these softphones  sends a SIP message to the Asterisk. In this
case the dialplan will execute the instruction  ' exten =>
2005,1,Dial(SIP/2000&SIP/2001&SIP/2002, 30) '

All softphones (2000, 2001 and 2002) will ring. These are proprietary
softphones and all of then will reply with SIP 183 message. SIP 183 will
contain SDP with media information.

The question is:

Will the caller receive SIP 183  from each callee? That is, will it receive 3
SIP 183 messages? It is important to the caller receives a SIP 183 message from
each callee, because this caller needs to send early media (video) to every
callee.

Or, will Asterisk send just one message SIP 183 to the caller, with some kind
of generic SDP message?

Any hint will be very helpful!

Thanks a lot.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979     (Brasil)